Policy Statement

Industry Pathways will provide refunds to students on a fair and equitable basis within the guidelines established by ASQA and relevant contract terms.

Purpose

To ensure students are made aware of fees, charges and refund policy details prior to accepting an application for enrolment.

Aims

To maintain equity and fairness for students paying fees and protects the viability of courses and training programs delivered by Industry Pathways.

Scope

INDUSTRY PATHWAYS management will be responsible for ensuring fees paid in advance are accounted for in a separate financial control centre, and are clearly identified within the student record management system.

INDUSTRY PATHWAYS operates a refund policy, which is fair and equitable and in accordance with policy and procedures as set out in INDUSTRY PATHWAYS’s Policy and Procedures.

In making a contract to enrol in a course at INDUSTRY PATHWAYS, you acknowledge and agree:

  • The information you provided in your application was complete and correct
  • To be bound by INDUSTRY PATHWAYS’ rules and regulations and any amendments made to the rules and regulations
  • To undertake any testing requirement prior to any course entry, if deemed necessary by INDUSTRY PATHWAYS
  • To pay all fees required on or before the due date as notified in writing by INDUSTRY PATHWAYS or as per the invoice

INDUSTRY PATHWAYS will access these fees in accordance with the procedures established by the State Government and the Australian Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)

  • INDUSTRY PATHWAYS reserves the right to accept or reject any application for enrolment at its discretion
  • INDUSTRY PATHWAYS reserves the right to cancel any course prior to the commencement date of the course should it be deemed necessary and in that event, shall refund all payments received from you
  • Refunds are made in accordance with the policy below and full refunds of amounts owed to you will be made within 5 days following a decision being made.
  • Tuition fees are not transferable to another person or institution
  • INDUSTRY PATHWAYS reserves the right to withhold granting the Award attained by you if your fees remain outstanding.
  • Any information that you give to INDUSTRY PATHWAYS or that INDUSTRY PATHWAYS collects about you can be given to authorised State and Commonwealth Agencies.
  • INDUSTRY PATHWAYS reserves the right to change, alter or amend curricula, syllabi, course structure, and any other matter pertaining to the provision of a course at any time. Such changes, alterations and amendments may be made without notice.
  • INDUSTRY PATHWAYS reserves the right to fill any positions in course groups and formal programs of study which may have been vacated by a student withdrawal

If INDUSTRY PATHWAYS has to change any of the above conditions for any reason, you will be notified of the change in writing.

Refund conditions of RPL or RCC services and assessment

A fee of $200 applies to RPL and RCC applications received for a qualification; this fee forms part of your course fees and is credited toward your enrolment fees. Should you wish to cancel enrolment, this fee is non-refundable.

Refund conditions for courses delivered in a classroom or on-site

The following table outlines the tuition fees that will be refunded by INDUSTRY PATHWAYS for courses delivered predominately in the classroom or onsite. An administration and credit card fee (if applicable) will apply to all approved refunds.

Please note: Fees for training resources (if applicable) and all other additional fees are non-refundable.

 

Circumstances Refund Amount
Written request to withdraw from a qualification, clustered qualifications or unit/s of competency seven (7) or more days prior to enrolment date Full refund – LESS $95 Administration Fee and 2.5% Credit Card Fee
Written request to withdraw from a qualification, clustered qualifications or unit/s of competency within 3 (three) months after enrolment date Full refund – LESS 25% of full enrolment course price, PLUS a Pro Rata fee based on how far into the 3 months the request is made e.g. 2 months into the 3 months would incur a fee of two-thirds of the remaining 75% of the full course fee.
Written request to withdraw from a qualification, clustered qualifications or unit/s of competency more than 3 (three) months after enrolment date No Refund
Course withdrawn by INDUSTRY PATHWAYS Full Refund
INDUSTRY PATHWAYS is unable to provide the course for which the original offer was made (this does not include changes to qualifications or unit/s of competency made by industry regulators) Full Refund

Refund conditions for courses delivered online, via correspondence and mixed mode

The table below outlines the tuition fees that will be refunded by Industry Pathways for courses delivered online, via correspondence and mixed mode. An administration and credit card fee (if applicable) will apply to all approved refunds.

Please note: Fees for training resources (if applicable) and all other additional fees are non-refundable.

 

Circumstances Refund Amount
Written request to withdraw from a qualification, clustered qualifications or unit/s of competency seven (7) or more days prior to enrolment date Full refund – LESS $95 Administration Fee and 2.5% Credit  Card Fee
Written request to withdraw from a qualification, clustered qualifications or unit/s of competency within 3 (three) months after enrolment date Full refund – LESS 25% of full enrolment course price, PLUS a Pro Rata fee based on how far into the 3 months the request is made e.g. 2 months into the 3 months would incur a fee of two-thirds of the remaining 75% of the full course fee.
Written request to withdraw from a qualification, clustered qualifications or unit/s of competency more than 3 (three) months after enrolment date No Refund
Course withdrawn by INDUSTRY PATHWAYS Full Refund
INDUSTRY PATHWAYS is unable to provide the course for which the original offer was made (this does not include changes to qualifications or unit/s of competency made by industry regulators) Full Refund

Withdrawing student refund application

Student refund applications:

A refund application can only be reviewed once a student has submitted a cancelation of enrolment form.

The cancellation of enrolment form and refund application form must be submitted via emailing accounts@industrypathways.com.au

Procedure:

  • Student cancellation of enrolment form is processed and student is cancelled from nominated course
  • Refund application is reviewed and outcome communicated to student within ten (10) business days of receiving all the information required to support your application
  • If you are not eligible for a student refund, INDUSTRY PATHWAYS will formally notify you of its refund decision in writing within ten (10) business days
  • If you do receive a student refund, INDUSTRY PATHWAYS will provide you with the refund within five (5) business days of making its decision
  • Please refer to INDUSTRY PATHWAYS’ Complaints and Appeals Procedure if you wish to appeal the Refund Policy
  • Your request to appeal must be made within ten (10) business days of the refund decision notice
  • All refunds will only be processed back to the original credit card or bank account that funded your deposit/payment unless INDUSTRY PATHWAYS receives written instruction to pay the refund to an alternative account by the original account holder
  • This agreement does not remove your right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws as INDUSTRY PATHWAYS’ dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe your right to pursue other legal remedies

For students on a payment plan; payments may be suspended or put on hold (for a maximum of 3 months during the term of the payment plan) only when compassionate circumstances apply.

Compassionate circumstances include:

  • An illness or injury resulting in a permanent disability that will affect the student’s ability to complete your course, or a member of the student’s immediate family or household has sustained a life-threatening illness or injury
  • When there is a death in the student’s immediate family or household, including death of the student

Evidence of the above may be required.

Suspension of payments

For students on a payment plan; payments may be suspended or put on hold (for a maximum of 3 months during the term of the payment plan) only when compassionate circumstances apply.

Compassionate circumstances include:

  • An illness or injury resulting in a permanent disability that will affect the student’s ability to complete your course, or a member of the student’s immediate family or household has sustained a life-threatening illness or injury
  • When there is a death in the student’s immediate family or household, including death of the student

Evidence of the above may be required.

Definitions

If you have any other enquiries, please phone Industry Pathways on (07) 5520 2522

Withdrawal

Any student who wishes to discontinue their studies is free to do so, but there is no obligation on the part of Industry Pathways to reinstate any student who has withdrawn.

A student who has withdrawn may reapply at a later date, subject to any legislative restrictions that may apply. Any such re-application will be considered through the normal new application processes and course availability.

Suspension and Cancellation

A student may have his or her enrolment suspended or cancelled as a result of unsatisfactory academic progress, persistent poor attendance, academic misconduct, inappropriate behavior or failure to make payments in accordance with Payment Plan contract.

LLN

Students requiring Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support should bring this to the attention of Industry Pathways prior to enrolment.

Related Documents

Policy

Procedure

Forms

Documents

Terms & Conditions