Industry Pathways is committed to ensuring the privacy of individual’s information. Industry Pathways respects the need for confidentiality of information and provides a secure framework to protect personal details, held by Industry Pathways, from collection of information, use & disclosure, storage, security and accessibility.
Industry Pathways will handle all personal information supplied to the organisation with confidentiality and within the guidelines and standards that apply to Registered Training Organisations. No information will be provided to third parties unless required by law and/or legislation.
The Industry Pathways privacy statement outlines:
- Why we collect personal information
- The need to gain consent prior to disclosing information to a third party
- The privacy of personal information disclosed on the Industry Pathways web site via the Internet
- The safe keeping of personal information
- Recourse provided by Industry Pathways to those who feel their privacy has been compromised
Industry Pathways is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of personal information supplied to Industry Pathways as part of the training/assessment process. This policy sets out the way we handle personal information including the use and disclosure of personal information, as well as student rights to access their personal information.
To ensure Industry Pathways is compliant with all appropriate laws and standards in order to maintain registration as a NVR Registered Training Organisation
This policy only applies to our databases and files and does not cover any State, Territory or Commonwealth Government database or file.
Collection of personal information
Industry Pathways collects personal information directly from individuals in a number of ways. These may include: application forms, questionnaires, customer feedback forms, e-mail requests, website requests and sales, telephone, facsimile, correspondence or contact in person.
Personal information collected by Industry Pathways may include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and expiry date.
Use of personal information
Personal information will not be used by Industry Pathways under the following conditions:
- Industry Pathways will not use personal information, for any purpose, which is not related to the services or products Industry Pathways provides to individuals.
- Industry Pathways may use personal information to inform individuals of other Industry Pathways products/services which Industry Pathways feels may be of some interest/benefit to the individual.
- Industry Pathways will not disclose personal information to third parties except where it is required by law.
- Industry Pathways will only disclose personal information with individual’s consent.
- Industry Pathways will not disclose personal information to any third party individual or entity for marketing purposes.
- At any time, individuals have the right to request that Industry Pathways remove their personal details from any Industry Pathways marketing activity.
Personal information on the Industry Pathways website
For every visitor to the Industry Pathways website our web server collects personal information for statistical purposes. Information identified includes the number of users visiting the site, traffic patterns, origin of users and referring sites. This is unidentified data and no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities. The information is used to assess our web site performance and to help improve the overall content and layout of the site.
Safekeeping of personal information
Industry Pathways takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever information is collected or used. If individual’s find that the current personal information that Industry Pathways holds is inaccurate, the individual may approach Industry Pathways and the information will be amended.
- Industry Pathways protects personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Personal information may be stored in either electronic data or hard copy documents.
- Only Industry Pathways authorised users may access personal information and only for approved purposes.
- All Industry Pathways employees are aware of their obligations under the Privacy Act legislation and Industry Pathways own, specific privacy requirements.
- All Industry Pathways employees sign ‘Confidentiality Agreements’ as a condition of employment.
Concerns and information regarding Industry Pathways privacy
If you believe that your personal information has been compromised in any way, please contact the Industry Pathways Compliance Manager. The Compliance Manager will investigate your complaint in complete confidence and make a formal response to you.
If you are dissatisfied with our internal complaint process the complaint will be passed onto the Privacy Commissioner.
- Complaints and Appeals Policy
- Complaints and Appeals Procedure
- Complaints and Appeals Form
- Access and Equity Policy
(07) 5520 2522 AEST.