The mining industry in Australia is committed to becoming a zero harm/defect industry. Risk management procedures are becoming a critical part of day-to-day business operations.
RIIRIS402D – Carry out the risk management processes
This course is often referred to as the G2 and will teach you the knowledge and skills for you to perform risk management processes in coal and metalliferous mining.
If you’re looking to further your career in mining and move into areas of risk management, then this course is ideally suited to you when you are looking to enhance your mining career opportunities and secure a managerial role in the mining and resource sector.
These units of competence are best suited to those currently working in the mining and resource industry in a role as a supervisor or existing employees who are considering a move into a supervisory role within metalliferous mining, coal mining, drilling & mining exploration and LNG projects.
People currently working in a supervisory role in civil construction are encouraged to enrol in this course.
This interactive course is designed to progressively provide management with a greater insight into risks and the impact it has on their business operations.
- Determining the risk management process
- Identify hazards
- Assess Risk
- Identify unacceptable risk
- Review implementation of action
- Decide on the action to be taken
- Implement or facilitate action
- Review the implementation of action
- Audit the risk management process
- Complete records and report
RIIRIS402D Course Outcomes
- Be knowledgeable of the necessary requirements, instructions and procedures to implement risk management processes
- Be competent in implementing correct procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient implementation of risk management processes
- Have the skill and knowledge to work with others in the planning, preparation and conducting of risk management processes in a mining or civil environment
- Be able to provide clear instructions and supervise others who are responsible for carrying out risk management processes
Previous experience in the mining and resources industry would be beneficial, however it is not compulsory.
- Possess sound reading and writing skills in English and have the ability to read and understand information from a variety of sources
- You’re able to apply technical literacy and communicate sufficiently to interpret and apply common industry terminology, and interpret work processes and procedures
- Be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels in any organisation
- Be able to question and actively listen, e.g. when gathering information of practices in a technical environment
- Be able to write effectively and be able to author reports
- Have time management and organisational skills to prioritise various tasks and meet time-frames and deadlines
Duration: Correspondence or Face to Face
Risk Management Course: Call us – start today: (07) 5520 2522
Please read our refund policy before booking this course.
Industry Pathways utilise the training and industry experience of Parasol RTO number: 2551, who are a leading provider of mining training.
RIIRIS402D – Carry out the Risk Management Processes (G2)